蕾蕾- Laopa's Precious

我要称谢你,因我受造奇妙可畏;你的作为奇妙,这是我心深知道的。 Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain. 甚愿你赐福与我,扩张我的境界,常与我同在,保佑我不遭患难,不受艰苦。

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Reaching out to the "I not stupids"

It has been a long time since i log on. Nowadays, I am just too tired to even log in, somehow i have cultivated a lifestyle of sleeping early and waking up early even on Chinese New Year.

Our family has a tradition of watching movie on the first day of lunar new year. As usual, we went to watch I not Stupid too. Basically, I never missed any of Jack Neo's movie. Because i find always so impactful and educational. It always touched on the very recent sensitive issues that happened in Singapore.

I can never forget certain scenes in the movie, it just left my a big burden for the broken youths. It is such a sad thing to see the society's cold shoulder towards these kids. How they are being termed as hopeless individuals. And how they were despised by everyone. I was just wondering, if only kids like them know Jesus. They would not have to suffer the inferiority complex and chose a path that just simply lead to destruction.

Hmmm...... "gan chu liang duo" after a simple movie like that. Indeed, God always use movies to teach me. I remembered watching Alexandra the other time. I walked out of the place realising the fact that youths can be such powerful weapons either for God or the evil one. Perhaps teenage years are the most fragile stages in life. If they are imparted with the right values, they will really make such great differences. On the other hand, if they are imparted with wrong values, these values will stay with them until they are old.

Watching movies like that always make me even clearer of my desire and passion. It has always been my desire to touch kids who feel utterly hopeless and inferior about themselves. Perhaps, I was once like this before, therefore i can easily identify and feel for them.

i still thank Laopa for this desire that He has given me. I pray that when one day, God call, I will respond to this calling and will not fall short of His glory.